WIRE DRAWING TOOLS
TMA TUNGSTEN CARBIDE WIRE DRAWING DIES
Wire drawing dies are essential components in the wire drawing process, a method that involves pulling wire with a larger diameter through a die featuring a smaller diameter bore. This action reduces the wire's diameter, achieving the desired size and tolerance while maintaining the same volume. Wires are sized by sequentially passing them through a series of wire drawing dies, each with a smaller bore diameter than the preceding one. The final die in the series shapes the wire to its ultimate size.
Wire drawing dies play a critical role in the entire wire drawing process. These dies are commonly employed to decrease the diameter of various ferrous and non-ferrous rods and wires. They are also ideal for short trial runs, applicable to a range of materials including low, medium, and high carbon steels, steel alloys, stainless steel, welding wire, and various non-ferrous rods and wires.
Tungsten carbide drawing dies, customized to meet your quality standards, enable you to meet quality, uptime, and speed requirements. Our tungsten carbide drawing dies feature a mirror polish and a smooth wire entry to ensure an optimal die life and easy setup, allowing wire manufacturers to maintain uniform wire roundness, thus minimizing material usage and scrap.
Benefits and Key Features of using our tungsten carbide drawing dies:
- Usable for dry and wet drawing.
- Ideal for ferrous rod-size wire.
- Available for wire sizes starting from 0.1 mm.
- Special coatings available to reduce friction and increase durability.
- Custom case sizes available.
- Suitable for short trial runs.
- Carbide grade tailored to wire material when required.
- Various carbide grades to choose from.
- Cost-effective dies.
Ordering Tungsten Carbide Wire Drawing Dies
To order tungsten carbide wire drawing dies please offer below data:
- Die diameter and tolerance.
- Die casing size - standard or order-made.
- Wire material - such as gold, silver, copper, stainless steel, tungsten, etc.
- Application сonditions for the drawing dies - as wire drawing (dry / wet), tinning, extrusion, guiding, etc.
- Inlet wire diameter - the diameter of the wire at the entrance to the die.