TOOLS FOR COLD HEADING MACHINES
SECOND PUNCHES FOR SCREWS AND SELF-TAPPING SCREWS
Here you can order and buy PUNCHES for cold heading of fasteners with slots of standards JIS, JCIS, ANSI, DIN, ISO. In addition, we implement PUNCHES made by the customer's drawings. On the page of the catalog you will find all the tools necessary for heading slots of fasteners with the description and characteristics.
Finishing PUNCHES according to the PHILLIPS, POZI Standards for hexagonal, square and slotted heads, special PUNCHES on customer's drawings for heading heads of non-standard hardware.
PUNCHES are widely used for marking, stamping and extrusion of materials such as heading slots of screw fasteners, screws, self-tappers in the hardware industry. The slot is used to efficiently transmit torque and head pressure. Now a variety of types of slots are used, in addition to traditional types such as the cross PH / PZ / or straight (slot), other types become more and more popular: Tri-Wing, four-wing, slot with internal hexagon and many others. Taiwan Metiz Alliance complements from a warehouse and under the order with PUNCHES manufacturers heading slots of various kinds:
Ordering second header punches
When ordering you must specify the following:
- Material stamped metal products (carbon or stainless steel, or others.)
- Type of fastener’s head, standardized (JIS, ANSI, DIN, ISO, etc.)
- The outer diameter and length of the punch D × L.
- Coating of punch working part:
- TiN (Titanium nitride) coating - yellow coated
- ALiXCN (aluminum + titanium + chromium + nitride) coating – black coated (increases tool life by 20-25%)
- TiCN, (titanium carbide nitride) – blue-gray coated
- TiAlN (titanium aluminum nitride) – gray-blue or dark gray or violet-gray coated
- Alcrona (AlCrN) ( aluminum chromium nitride) – blue-gray coated, is a titanium-free coating for a wide range of processing and forming applications. Alcrona has excellent wear resistance at low speeds and feeds and under high mechanical stress. At higher speeds where rigidity and oxidation resistance are important, Alcrona outperforms titanium-based coatings with operating temperatures up to 1100°C
Characteristics and properties of punch coatings
|Type||TiN (Titanium nitride)||TiCN (Titanium carbide nitride)||TiAlN (Titanium aluminum nitride)||TiAlN (Titanium aluminum nitride)||TiAlN (Titanium aluminum nitride)|
|Surface roughness index (dry)||0.4||0.2||0.5||0.45||0.30-0.35|
|Layer thickness (microns)||1-5 µm||1-4 µm||1-4 µm||1-4 µm||0.1 µm|
|Coating color||gold||blue-gray||gray-blue||dark grey||violet gray|
|Critical oxidation temperature||600°C||400°C||1650°C||1200°C||900°C|
|Coating characteristics||universal coating: good resistance to wear and corrosion, biocompatibility||hardness and good abrasion resistance||good strength and corrosion protection||high hardness, heat resistance and corrosion resistance||nanosurface with good thermal stability|
Note: when ordering PUNCHES there is a minimum set of the order, the amount of which depends on the type and size of the ordered punch.